Accelerate the journey to R&D excellence
Numetrics delivers analytics-driven R&D performance
benchmarks and accurate estimates of design complexity, project
duration, and staffing requirements to optimize productivity and
reduce project delays, typically resulting in 20-40% higher R&D
capacity and 60-90% reduction in TTM delays.
R&D projects are often delivered late and over budget. Numetrics allows R&D leaders to measure the productivity achieved by their development teams, benchmark their performance against industry peers, determine root-causes of low productivity, and generate more accurate plans for new projects.
Use Numetrics’ tools to answer critical questions in R&D
execution such as:
- How productive is our R&D organization vs. our peers?
- How can I improve time-to-market performance and evaluate overall R&D performance?
- What factors are driving my productivity lower than my peers?
- What is the optimal allocation of resources for a project to reduce scheduling risk and minimize my R&D spending?
- How do I generate optimal and more accurate plans for new projects?
What Numetrics provides
The Numetrics platform relies on comprehensive databases of industry projects (2,000+ integrated circuit and 1,600+ software projects) and on proprietary advanced-analytics models. Numetrics is delivered as a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) through an easy-to-use web interface. The main Numetrics products are:
R&D Performance Benchmarking
Create a project-level productivity baseline by analyzing the complexity and execution of recent projects. Benchmark your R&D performance across multiple dimensions such as: productivity, throughput, cycle time, quality, internally and against industry peers.
Root Cause Analysis
Use analytic tools to highlight probable causes and drivers of low productivity, bottlenecks and inefficiency. Compare to industry best practices to identify gaps and determine a recommended course of action.
Use predictive analytics to provide better transparency into schedule, cost and required staffing levels at the project’s outset. Run what-if scenarios to determine optimal cycle time, staffing levels and functionality tradeoffs. Assess schedule risk of current plan due to unrealistic productivity assumptions.
Use Numetrics to optimize project planning and reconcile competing constraints, including resource availability, product functionality, time-to-market and development cost.
- Measure and create a baseline for R&D capability across metrics, e.g., productivity, throughput, cycle time, quality
- Identify root causes of bottlenecks, low productivity, and inefficiency
- Benchmark internally across groups and externally to industry peers
- Understand what best-in-class peers do differently
Optimize project planning and risk assessment
- Determine schedule, resources, and cost requirements
- Readily identify high-risk project plans before committing
- Optimally staff projects to achieve maximum productivity
- Quantify your R&D organization’s capacity
Boost R&D productivity & throughput
- Plan and execute a successful R&D transformation program
- Identify and apply internal best practices across teams
- Design tailored improvement initiatives
Software, embedded software, integrated circuits, intellectual property (IP), and FPGA, development
Working with us
Numetrics can be applied either as a one-time performance diagnostic or as an ongoing subscription to continuously monitor performance and better manage new projects.
- Analytic R&D Diagnostic spans 4 – 6 weeks
- Deep R&D Diagnostic spans 8 – 10 weeks
Numetrics' solutions are available on a subscription basis. Companies can license Numetrics’ SaaS applications and log in directly via standard web browsers. Subscriptions include user training and support and can be supplemented with expert consulting services.